Friday, October 23, 2009

"Her Head in the Melting Sky"
By: Tom Martinez Jr.
Mixed Media

I was a bit intoxicated when I did this one. I felt this one out as I went along. I had the idea for the title first and drew her head, but I didn't know how I was going to depict the sky. My recent work has had grey skies in them, probably because of the turning of the season or my mindset right now. Grey skies for me have always symbolized morning, transition, cold and a stale state. Growing up in northern California, there were a good amount of days in the year where the sky was grey. What really stood out was the first day of school, walks on the beach in late afternoon in Monterey,CA and Santa Cruz,CA, and the potential of rain. I used alcohol to get the gradient in that segmented state. I used Prizma markers, Acrylic, Alcohol, Acrylic marker, and Sharpie.

No comments:

Post a Comment